If you are thinking of buying a camper, but don’t think you can afford the retail price, or don’t want to spend that much money, you can always think about buying used campers. A used camper can be just as good of an investment as a brand new model, especially if you are new to the world of trailers, or are only interested in using it on occasion.
If a used camper is something you are seriously considering buying, the following is what you should know before you settle on just any old RV or trailer.
The advantages of purchasing used campers – there are many benefits to purchasing a used camper, some of which include:
* Price – The prices for used campers will be far cheaper than new models.
* First Time Buyer – if this is the first time you are buying a camper Autel MaxiCOM MK808, a used camper maybe a better idea incase you discover that camping and road travel really aren’t a hobby you enjoy. At least if you purchased a used camper, you didn’t throw all your money away on a brand new vehicle you won’t use.
* Occasional Camper – if you enjoy camping, but don’t have the time to travel a lot or are only interested in occasional outdoor adventures, a used camper is another good investment.
The drawbacks of purchasing a used camper: Just as there are advantages, so there are disadvantages. The main drawbacks to purchasing used campers include:
* Malfunctions – You could end up with problems with the vehicle, such as it having faulty parts, or parts that were never fixed
* Mileage – depending on how often the camper was used, it may already have plenty of mileage on it. This means that the camper has been subject to more wear and tear, and may soon require new parts, or will need to be scrapped altogether.
* It’s Used – The camper originally belonged to someone else, so it is unlikely that it will still run or “smell” like new.
Where you can find used campers: Check both your local paper, as well as major city papers for listings. You can also research for used campers on the internet by conducting a search with keyword phrases such as “used campers and your city”. You can also check out eBay. Just remember, that regardless where you choose to purchase the camper, you see it first, and the vehicle is checked out by a 3rd party (IE. mechanic or camper enthusiast) before you buy it.
Things to keep in mind when purchasing used campers: When you are searching for a used camper the following are some tips you should keep in mind:
* Your preferences – what type of camper are you interested in buying Autel Maxisys MS908CV, motor home, trailer, fifth wheel, etc? Will you be using it often? Who will you be taking with you? How long will you travel? And so on.
* Learn as much as you can – you should learn as much as you can about the type of campers you are interested in purchasing, before you make any decisions. Read books, search for information online, talk to RV enthusiasts at campgrounds or shows, and check out the local RV club. You should also understand the different parts of the trailers so you can get an idea of what to look for. Some of these parts include: electrical and plumbing systems, weights, heating and cooling systems, inverters, tires, chassis, batteries, leveling systems, suspension, towing, wheelbase, etc.
* Cost – take your budget into perspective. Only spend what you can afford. This means you need to consider the cost of purchasing the used camper, as well as the cost of extra accessories, operating the vehicle, and living expenses.
Protect Your Investment:
* Warranty – does the used campers you are interested in buying have a warranty, or some kind of back-up warranty?
* Pre-sale vehicle check – have a 3rd party examine the vehicle before you buy it.
* Maintenance history – Find out from the seller if the camper has any non-working features, and if there were any parts that needed to be replaced, etc.
* Know your pricing – find out how much a used RV is worth. You can find this out by checking out nadaguides.com, or looking for how much particular RV brands are worth online. Knowing the approximate price range will help you avoid a scam, and can also help you talk the seller into a cheaper price.