It is quite amazing how few people really know how to care properly for their carpets. Most people think a superficial vacuum or a shake now and then will suffice, but the danger of dirty carpets is not only that they are unsightly in appearance; they also breed germs, cultivate bacteria, and are a health hazard.
Cleaning carpets can be easy if you know how and if you use the right method to clean the right carpet Autel MaxiTPMS PAD. However, if you do not you could be left with a bigger mess than before you started.
Five Carpet Cleaning Methods
According to Kathryn Sellers, spokeswoman for the Carpet and Rug Institute, an industry advocacy organization based in Dalton, Georgia, USA, there are five different carpet cleaning methods in use today: hot water, dry or foam extraction; rotary shampoo and the absorbent-pad method.
”All five work, as long as the person doing the cleaning knows what he’s doing,” says Ms Sellers.
So for those thinking of buying a spray can and hoping for the best, you could be in for a big surprise. You need to do a bit more homework.
Here is a list of questions you need to answer before you make any Carpet Cleaning decisions:
• How big is the spill/stain?
• Are you going to clean it yourself or call a professional carpet cleaning company?
• Can you clean it by hand or should you use a carpet-cleaning machine?
• Steam or Dry cleaning?
• What kind of carpet do you have? Wool, plant fibers, silk, or synthetics.
• If you are cleaning your carpet yourself, you must decide which product is best for your particular kind of carpet.
Once you have answers to these questions you can devise a plan of action to ensure that your carpets look and smell fresh and new.
It is important to clean carpets at least once a year to keep the carpet in good condition. Deal with spills as they occur Autel MaxiCOM MK808, blotting them up with paper towels or a regular towel. Do not rub and scrub the mess from the spill further into the carpet. If you have kids or pets, you may want to clean your carpets more often.
Carpet Cleaning Hints and Tips
• Don’t ever use bleach when you are cleaning a wool carpet and also don’t clean wool with any heated products or machines.
• One of the greatest benefits of using a dry carpet cleaning method is the fact that there are no soapy residues left behind. The dry cleaning method uses chemicals to clean the carpet without water. After the foam dries or once the powder has set, a powerful vacuum is used to remove the particles of dirt and detergent at the same time.
• Home carpet shampooers and the hot water carpet cleaning machines you can rent at the supermarket are only appropriate for carpets that are not heavily soiled. Make sure the rental machines are clean. Also make sure that you are using the right chemicals for your carpets. If the carpets are very soiled or you are not sure, call in professional cleaners.
• Most carpet spots are just sticky residue or sweet spills like cola of coffee and don’t need any detergent to clean them, just warm ( not hot) water for a rinse and blot with paper towels or a clean regular towel. If detergent is used, soap residues may remain in the carpet which would mean the spill area would darken with traffic as particles stick to the soapiness. .
Written forAFM Cleantech by Karen Lotter from ethekwini website factory